How to delete photos off iphone!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SaKE, Jan 25, 2011.

1. SaKE macrumors newbie

Ok so i have a bunch of photos that i had uploaded onto my iphone before and now i really want to get rid of it cause it is taking up way to much space, but i can't find a way to delete it. So is there anyway i can delete it?

2. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Move them out of the folder on your computer that iTunes syncs them from then re-sync.

3. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Shake vigorously, if that doesn't work... You probably have to go through iTunes.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

As stated above, the only way to remove them is through iTunes and resynching

You are able to remove the ones in the camera roll directly

5. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

To delete one at a time, in the Photo app, touch the photo to bring up the on screen menu over the picture. Lower right corner is a trash can, touch that. Confirm the delete and it will delete. To delete large number of pictures; bring up the menu, click "Camera Roll". Click the icon on the upper right (square with an arrow, usually used for sharing). Select the photos to delete. Then touch the button at the lower right corner marked Delete. Confirm the deletion and you're done.

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

^^^
    Only works in the Camera Roll, not in the Albums

7. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Sorry, I wouldn't know, I have never had anything in an album; everything just on camera roll. Kinda sad isn't it? I would think they would allow you to arrange your photos on your phone. Oh well.

8. ramshackle macrumors newbie

Getting lots of photos out of your camera roll

If you're using a Mac, then you can open up Image Capture in your applications folder, and select your iPhone. You can then highlight all (or any) the photos and delete them from your iPhone.

This is only useful for the camera role- if ypou just want to get rid of synced folders then all the people previously nailed it. I couldn't be bothered to delete all 1,700 photos & videos out my phone's camera roll individually, so got image capture to do it.

Hope that helps!

9. iFiend macrumors 65816

Totally unnecessary.

Just plug in your phone, go to the "photos" tab, and unselect the folders that you want to remove, and sync. This way you can keep them where they are.

10. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

what if you only wanted to remove a few photos and not the whole folder

then those directions above would be necessary

11. iFiend macrumors 65816

Yes, I suppose :) I gathered that he wanted only his camera roll photos though.

12. schludaddy macrumors newbie

You have to remove them out of the folder it syncs with. The sync it up and it should remove the photos.

13. Naochan macrumors newbie

How to delete photos off iphone!!!

On iPhone, select Camera Roll from Albums (for some reason I can't always do this, it's often obscured by the title "Albums" - HELP someone?). But if you succeed, tap the top right icon that points to your cup of coffee (if you're right-handed). Tap to select the photos you want to delete from the thumbnails and hit the red button bottom right. (It took me months to find this)

14. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You’re not responding to the thread. What you are referring to is for the camera roll.