How to delete projects in iMovie HD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bollard, Feb 2, 2009.

1. bollard macrumors regular

According to my Activity Monitor I have very little space left in my Hard Drive. I have cleaned up and deleted all my photos and movie clips,but
    deleting some projects in iMovie HD would really help, yet I can't seem to work out how to delete them. Any help will be much appreciated.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

They're stored by default in your Movies folder of the home directory. Just drag the files to your Trash and empty. I would also take a look at your iDVD projects if you have burnt any to disc; they could also be contributing to the lack of drive space. The encoded assets are preserved on the computer system unless you tell the application to delete them from the Advanced menu with the project open.

3. bollard thread starter macrumors regular

4. neilb88 macrumors newbie

Will I lose the whole project in iMovie

Hi,
    I am a little confused. I have finalised my movie project which creates a video of every quality there is, i.e. HD 1080p, 720p, higher quality, medium quality and so on.
    Am I correct in thinking this doesn't mean that there is a separate file for every video, just that if I choose to 'share' a video, then I can select any size or quality that I like?
    I also clicked share movie after finalising, after which the HD1080 logo in iMovie was replaced by the quality I chose to share (720p). Does these mean finalising a movie isn't really worth doing?

Another question I have is if I delete my 'Project' file will all the editing I have done in iMovie disappear?

Thanks

Neil

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

After finalizing, there is a separate movie file for each quality level. If you delete a Project in iMovie then you will have lost all the editing unless you have finalized it, or shared/exported it elsewhere.

Personally, I don't finalize, I just export/share to whatever quality that I want to save as.