How to Delete Proton VPN?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TohMac, Aug 9, 2019.

1. TohMac macrumors newbie

Version 10.12.6

Installed Proton VPN about a week ago. Had a pop up for the first few hours until I allowed it access to permanent confidential information in my keychain. Before that i just deleted it hoping it would go away but it still kept popping up every few seconds so after deleting the application, I granted it access just to go away.

Forgot about it.
    Yesterday I received an email telling me that the free trial was over and if I did not upgrade the free trial would be slowed down.

Since then I am logged out all the daily webpages i log into within minutes some of which I keep open all day long so I keep having to re-log on.

Please, does anyone know how to get rid of this VPN once and for all?

T.I.A.

2. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

3. TohMac, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019

TohMac thread starter macrumors newbie

I did that a week ago to no avail.

I have a post into them now but it says it can take up to two days for a response.
    I have seen others say the same, and have even taken their macs back before the install to no avail.
    I havent gone that far as i believe there must be a simple way to just get rid of it without too much fuss.

* I know its still working in the background as favoured webpages have logged me out and upon trying to log in have needed to double check that it is me, as i am still appearing from another location

App ditched it still wants access to Neagant in the firewall and if denied, you cant log on anywhere

4. bogdanw macrumors regular

bogdanw

Open System Preferences - Network and delete the VPN profile(s) created by Proton.

5. TohMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. That appears to have been the area I missed. I didnt think to look there once I thought it had been deleted but it now appears to have solved and finished up the actual delete and my computer is back to normal.