How to delete songs from a playlist in My Music?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Luis Mazza, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Luis Mazza macrumors regular

Luis Mazza

I want to add songs into a playlist for my workouts, but I also don't want to keep them in My Music library, because I actually hate those artists and songs, unless I'm working out. Is that even possible?
    If it's not, then how do I batch-delete them from my library? It seems I have to go to each song or artist individually to delete them, which is a pain if I added tens of trashy songs.

2. makotoisle macrumors 6502

I'd like to do this as well, but after asking around this forum, I was told it's not possible. If you add it to a playlist, it gets added to your library. If you delete it from your library, it also gets removed from the playlist.

But if you delete it from a playlist, it stays in your library. Oii

3. WJKramer macrumors 6502

Yup...not possible. Sucks cause I don't want stuff I save populating my library either. Should be an option IMO.

4. makotoisle macrumors 6502

I'd like to do this as well, but after asking around this forum, I was told it's not possible. If you add it to a playlist, it gets added to your library. If you delete it from your library, it also gets removed from the playlist.

But if you delete it from a playlist, it stays in your library. Oii
    I really liked the way the Beats app handled it, keeping the library and your playlists as two separate entities.

5. Luis Mazza thread starter macrumors regular

Luis Mazza

It seems only Apple's curated playlists are not automatically added to My Music, and only if you do not make the songs available offline.