Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M1thousand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2010
Hi
How do you delete songs from iPod shuffle?

I had iPod plugged into iTunes and choose the songs to delete. I press delete on my keyboard as tutorials have said but nothing helps

How is it done?

Thank you

Beerstalker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2011
Peoria, IL
I'm confused, in iTunes shouldn't you be putting check marks next to songs you want, and unchecking songs you don't? Then you just hit the Sync button at the bottom right?

I'm not sure where the delete button would come into it?

M1thousand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2010
I watched this video
and this video says the same thing

I press delete and nothing happens.

I just bought this so its the most recent generation

I want to clear the Ipod shuffle and start over regarding adding songs to ipod shuffle

Thanks

M1thousand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2010
I found the solution. Click on the Ipod icon and then you can 'select manage my music'

142641770f8f4a5e8bcec77d9a1451b7.jpg

The result, all the songs were deleted . . .

d78dae18398d4e7788197954383ba4cb.jpg

Beerstalker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2011
Peoria, IL
Those videos are 6 years old, much different versions of iTunes.

I click on the iPod Shuffle device icon, then go to music under settings, and click the check box next to Sync Music. That will bring up all your music and let you add music by Playlist, Genre, Band, Album, Artist, Song Title, etc. Put a check next to it adds it, unchecking it removes it. Then you just hit the Sync Button at the bottom left and it makes the changes on your iPod Shuffle.

Pretty much the same thing as adding music or movies to an iPhone or iPad.

ecosoce

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2017
Hi
How do you delete songs from iPod shuffle?

I had iPod plugged into iTunes and choose the songs to delete. I press delete on my keyboard as tutorials have said but nothing helps

How is it done?

Thank you

I had the exact same issue but found the solution (on Mac OS Sierra, at least). In iTunes, you have to manually drag the music files from your iPod Shuffle into the trash bin. That deletes those files from the iPod, but the files don't wind up in Trash.

Reactions: MarkOfEarth
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.