How to delete the Standard Definition Version from a Show?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SethRogen, Dec 15, 2011.

1. SethRogen macrumors 6502

Since the iPhone takes HD quality, I don't see a point to the standard definition version. It just takes up more space on my Macbook. How do I delete it?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

iTunes will only play the HD version on screens it knows has copy-protection built in.

So it works on your Macbook and your iPhone, but if you ever put it on a Mac Mini with a DVI monitor, or use an analog converter from your iPhone to an older TV, you'll be out of luck if you'd trashed the SD version.

I THINK you can right-click the video in iTunes and say 'show file' and see both versions and just erase one. (Not positive.) But my point is that even if that works, I kind of suggest you don't do it.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I agree with Small White Car, I suggest you don't delete it, but if you must;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Unless I'm missing something, just select it and delete from iTunes.

5. Icaras, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012

Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I was wondering the same thing, and assuming you don't foresee yourself ever using a DVI monitor or an analog converter (like ever), wouldn't it not matter anyways? Furthermore, since TV shows are in the cloud already, the SD copy could always be redownloaded at any time if needed.

Edit: I also noticed that on my season pass of Walking Dead 2, when a new show is available and I click "Check available downloads" from the Store menu in iTunes, it only downloads the HD version and not the SD version. I have to actually navigate to the SD version of the TV show in the iTunes store and it shows me an available "download" button, so it seems like Apple is only pushing for HD only in it's TV shows. I also really don't understand how deleting the SD copy affects the DRM and playback at all.