All iPads How to delete Video Cache after streaming movie from iCloud?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SRLMJ23, Sep 6, 2014.

1. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

When I stream a movie from iCloud on my iPad Mini Retina, eventually I will get the "You are running out of space" message. Even when I am done with the movie, I can hook it up to iTunes and see that there is TONS of space taken up under "Other."

Is there anyway we can delete the video cache? I tried going into usage and then video, but it said there was no data there.

This problem kind of defeats the point of streaming.

I figured I would ask you guys first on the forum if anyone has come up with some solution. I did a "Chat" with Apple Tech Support, and they had no clue what to do.

Even if someone on this forum has found some way to delete the cache, there should be an official way, so I included a link to submit feedback. Please submit it...it will be the only way Apple implements an actual official way to delete video cache, or maybe make it so no cache is stored in the first place.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Thanks for your time, and once again, PLEASE submit some feedback about this issue!

:apple:

2. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

have you tried turning it off and on again

3. ame8199 macrumors 6502

Did you ever solve this? This is my problem... Only way I've fixed it is restoring. I watch from the cloud every night so it's getting old restoring the iPad every so often..

4. Danilo - Italy macrumors regular

I really hope that Apple pay attention at this problem.

5. ame8199 macrumors 6502

did a little research and whats working so far is to sign out of iTunes on the iPad. Then restart, then sign in again.

Better than restoring, we'll see how long that works.

6. daijholt macrumors 65816

daijholt

Had this issue myself a while back. For some reason, the video cache is saved under "Music" in the usage settings. If you delete all the music through settings > general > usage > manage storage it removes the video cache too.

Just beware, the amount of data shown under music in settings is not reflective of what's in the cache, I only figured it out by trial and error.