how to delete widgets?

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I wonder why Apple made it so hard to delete widgets. Too bad you can't delete widgets right from Dashboard.

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
Lacero said:
I wonder why Apple made it so hard to delete widgets. Too bad you can't delete widgets right from Dashboard.
I don't think Apple was quite prepared for Dashboard to be as popular as it has become. All signs (poor widget management, useless website that quickly got a makeover) point that way.

Kerry Sanders

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
Hayden, AL
I installed the Widgets preference pane tonight and it is pretty cool. I like the integration into the preferences instead of a separate application. It is a very well written utility.

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
Lacero said:
I think I read someplace that apple is going to have it be easyer to delete widigets in 10.4.2.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
runninmac said:
I think I read someplace that apple is going to have it be easyer to delete widigets in 10.4.2.
:D :p

Applespider said:
[...] Or wait for 10.4.2 where apparently there is a delete option from the Dashboard bar.
^ right there? :eek:

minty-freshness

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2006
lucky ducks! i cant delete the widget deleter but i still want to delete the widgets.none of these new-fangled widget deleters work for me.. :(

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Jun 10, 2006
Strange this thread is more than a year old :confused: But anyway this is good because my friend was wondering the same thing, I'll send him a link to this thread.