how to detect a dead pixel and backlight bleeding ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rav16, Apr 28, 2011.

1. rav16 macrumors member

hi guys and gals,
    since ipad 2 will be launching here in india on saturday thats 30th april 2011 iam planning to buy 1 . since there are some screen issues with the ipad 2 i just wanted to know how i must check the screen in order be sure that it dosent have a dead pixel or a back light bleeding any help or pics will be very helpfull. thanx in advance- rav

2. Fisticuffs2065 macrumors member

My suggestion to you is enjoy your iPad once you have it. If you have either of the problems you are trying to find out your future iPad has, it will be obvious (The dead pixel anyways. Bleeding will be obvious on a black screen).

Hope you enjoy your new iPad whenever you get it!

*Also to add on, there is a huge thread about backlight bleeding. Tons of pictures in there.

3. rav16 thread starter macrumors member

i took your suggestion and went today in the morning and picked up a white wifi model very happy and by gods grace it dosent have any screen problem :) but thanx a lot for your suggestion.

4. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

Yeah, don't actively look for the defects.. Enjoy it as you have it, and IF it's really bad, it will bother you anyways. :)

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Its not by Gods grace its completely normal to get a perfect Apple product. You only see the people who have problems combined with trolls who pretend they have problems on the internet.

6. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

This may be true but something is up with these units when 4 deep into exchanges isn't enough.