Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
I purchased two Apple Watch chargers for 15 bucks from a seller idk if there legit how can I find out I posted photos.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 144
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 147
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 151

shortcrust

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
Sounds daft, but I've bought fake apple cables and the only difference between them and the real ones was the smell. The fakes have a plastic/chemical smell. Apple's are odourless (to me anyway...).

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
maybe check about this mac, system report, usb, it should say

"apple watch magnetic charging cable", and it would tell you it supports 1000 ma ( current available 1000, current required 500, extra operating current 500 ma. and give you the apple product ID and vendor ID numbers

thats the only thing i can think of

if system report says its not an apple one or its only capable of 500 ma, then its a dead giveaway that its a fake one. i think recent macs running el capitan should give you the correct charging currents.

whats different between stainless steel and sport charging cables?

i wouldn't know how to know if one is legitimate. system report is the only thing i could think of

Last edited:
Reactions: andlil

Cowboy1629

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Indiana
whats different between stainless steel and sport charging cables?

The pucks are different. The one in the picture is white plastic all around for the Sport model. The puck for the Watch model is stainless sides and bottom. I would guess the cables are the same.

friednoodles

Suspended
Feb 4, 2014
Check to see if they both have the four grey certification/recycling logos on the side of the charging puck (two either side of where the cable goes into the puck).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.