How to develop apps for the touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by panadero, Mar 25, 2008.

1. panadero macrumors newbie

So, I have some little utilities I want to develop for the touch. I read a post about writing it in vb, then "convert it to ipod format". What software will do that? I've searched the boards and not found anything relevant...

Any help would be appreciated. I've not seen any *recent* posts about actually how to create apps for the touch...

thx!
    panadero

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Writing apps is very complex. If you can't get started on your own, I can promise you that you'll get much more help on programming forums and not this basic iPod forum here. I'd look at some XCode developer forums.

3. stanton macrumors member

stanton

My suggestion would be to drop the VB all together. The syntax is totally different then Objective-C for one thing. Get a book on the language, I really like O'Reilly books but just search on Amazon or the likes for something that sounds good, and struggle through it. Examples are downloaded from the SDK as well, so they can really give you a head start. Since the Interface Builder doesn't exist yet, be prepared to draw every interface item by hand. But on the plus side, you'll now have this excuse at work:

[​IMG]