How to diagnose Back to My Mac non connectivity from Office

Discussion in 'macOS' started by RealEvil, Mar 10, 2008.

1. RealEvil macrumors 6502

Hi,

At home BTTM works perfectly on my LAN. My MBP can se my iMac and vice versa.

At work, it doesnt. I have internet connectivity, and I appear to be signed in to .Mac (the Preferences pane says so anyway).

I understand that ports 4500 and 443 need to be open, but my DD-WRT Linksys router has uPnP which seems to work great.

How can I diagnose if the issue is the Office firewall/ISA server? I need to know if they are blocking port 4500 UDP but I dont know how to check it.

Thanks,

Neil

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

not sure how you check the ports but is your Mac at home set to never sleep?

3. RealEvil thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes. It wont sleep.

On a very related note is there anyway to 'test' the conectivity whilst at home? The problem is that at home it connects to the local IP address rather than the internet IP address... and I dont know how to make .Mac test it with the external one.

Any ideas?

4. Soundhound macrumors 6502a

I'm having the same problem, maybe. I can test it at home by going on to my neighbor's wireless. It's always there, so I can just jump on. On my home lan (airport extreme, a few airport expresses) BTMM works great, no problem. Over the internet, it doesn't work at all. Can't figure it out.