How to disable auto snap-to new window?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by eshiku, May 8, 2013.

1. eshiku macrumors member

Hey everyone. i have enabled Universal Access so i can use bettertouchtool. But the problem is once i enable Universal access it also enables a new feature, it auto snap to the confirmation windows when.

Example would be when i right click Trash Can the select "Empty Trash", once clicked a new window would pop up with msg and a "Cancel" and "Empty Trash" button, it would automatically snap to the "Empty Trash" button on that new window. My question is how can i disable that feature which still keeping Universal Access enabled?

TIA :)

2. benwiggy macrumors 68020

What OS version are you on?

Do you mean that you have "enabled access for assistive devices" in the Accessibility System Preference pane?

And do you mean that the pointer moves to the default button in a dialog?

Enabling Assistive Devices, in itself, should not bring about the behaviour you describe. I can't see an option for snapping the pointer to default buttons.

Are you sure this isn't caused by a third-party plug-in?

3. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

Check your preferences in BetterTouchTool. I use SteerMouse which is similar and it has that option to move the curser to the default button.

4. eshiku thread starter macrumors member

fixed it!! lol the problem was steermouse, i've been using steermouse for a long time now but i guess installing the new version automatically enables that function...

thanks benwiggy and knoodles :)