how to disable autorun in usb flash drive

Discussion in 'macOS' started by anarkhos, Aug 1, 2009.

1. anarkhos macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I want to disable t-mobile's connection application from popping up everytime i plug in the 3g modem device. i'm connecting through mac os'x native interface so i don't need the heavy connection application from t-mobile.

the 3g modem device presents itself also as a storage device so, a dmg present in the usb file system is fired as the usb device is plugged.

thanks in advance

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

this is not autorun - autorun is a windows concept, not an OSx/Mac concept. What happens is that the file system sees it as a mass storage device and correctly mounts it as a volume and shows the .dmg file. This is normal behavior for the file system and not connected to running anything.

3. anarkhos thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you old-viz. but the thing is, i'm not seeing a finder window after pluging the device. what i'm seeing is an installer application. having a finder window open is not a problem but i don't want the system to open this installer application.

4. anarkhos thread starter macrumors newbie

and if i install the application, this time application itself pops up when i plug the device. it doesn't seem like finder showing a newly mounted file system. there's an application invocation and there must be somewhere stating this application to be launched

5. stingray macrumors newbie

I have the same problem - have you figured it out by now?

Thanx,
    CJ