Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rickfelix123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
I am trying to disable my Isight on a couple of computers used at our library. Under MacHints I found out that, when a program from OS X (Tiger at least) needs to access the integrated iSight camera, it has to call the QuickTimeUSBVDCDIgitizer.component. This file is located in the /System » Library » QuickTime folder.
How can I find this folder? When I search for it does not come up.
Or did anybody else figure out a way to disable this.
Oh, yeah, taping over it is a good suggestion but clever people just removed.
Thanks.

rickfelix123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
How do I find the file?

I looked in the file on my MacBook Pro and it shows up.
Thank you for the reply. How do I find that file? Where is it located and how do I access it. When I type the file name in the magnifying glass icon in upper right hand corner it does not find it.
Thanks.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
you cant search for files in the System folder with spotlight. even in Tiger you couldnt. its just now in Leopard you cant search in any of the Library folders including the root and Users Library which you could in Tiger.

click the Finder icon in the dock, then your hard drive in the sidebar and open the System Folder, then Library and then the QuickTime folder. should be there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.