How to disable Logitech Control Centre for my MX Revoluton Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by silvine, Sep 25, 2009.

1. silvine macrumors member

I currently have a MX Revolution and a DiNovo operating with Snow Leopard. I am having problems with the scroll wheel in certain applications, the wheel will freeze when I open in a dialogue box and I can only use the arrows on the sidebar to navigate. This is something that Steermouse resolves so I know it's not a hardware issue.

I'd like to use Steermouse and still be able to use LCC to customise the media buttons on my keyboard. Does anyone know if I can:

a) Disable the mouse part of LCC?

b) How to give Steermouse priority over LCC?

c) How I can use the media buttons of the DiNovo using a different programme. (I tried Controller mate which looks very complicated and USB Overdrive which has limited functionality).

2. silvine thread starter macrumors member

3. ungraphic macrumors 6502a

ungraphic

Why not just uninstall LCC and install Steermouse? USB Overdrive works just like steermouse and works fine on Snow Leopard. Try that out.

4. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Steermouse is not a very good driver program. USB Overdrive is much better.

Or at least that's what the tech at Apple told me after my brand new MacBook Pro Kernel Panicked less than a week out of the boss.

Turns out, Steermouse caused the KP. If you're not familiar with it, it's pretty much the "blue screen of death" for Macs. Not good.

USB Overdrive is known as much more stable.

I would uninstall the other two, and use USB overdrive. It's senseless to run multiple mouse management programs. All it can do it cause problems.

5. silvine thread starter macrumors member

Yeah USB Overdrive is good but unfortunately it won't let me use some of the media keys on my DiNovo keyboard.

6. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

Your problem is that only one of LCC, usboverdrive, steermouse or controllermate can be on your system at one time. I went through this with my MX Revolution and I settled on steermouse as I don't use an after-market keyboard.

I think controllermate will be your best bet. It is quite complicated but, once you get a handle on it, you'll have complete control over what any USB input device does.