How to disable/remap mouse scrollwheel?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by th0masp, Jul 27, 2017.

1. th0masp macrumors member

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to disable or remap the mouse scrollwheel, ideally application dependant but if it can be made to stop working entirely I won't complain.

I actually have normally no mouse connected but some actions of my Wacom Intuos tablet annoyingly get interpreted as scrollwheel actions in certain applications, hence the desire.

• As far as I can see there's nothing in the Wacom tablet driver options to alter the behaviour
    • The applications in question do not have the option to disable the scroll wheel
    • Better Touch Tool does not recognize the mouse wheel at all, just the buttons
    • KeyRemap4Macbook confuses me, not sure if it can be made to achieve this?
    Any way to get this solved?

Edit: to clarify - Wacom pen input (pen down/up) gets interpreted as mouse wheel input, it's not related at all to the various buttons and the wheel on the tablet itself.

2. th0masp thread starter macrumors member

I've played with KeyRemap4Macbook a little more - I can see in the event viewer that a Pen down event sometimes - but not always - triggers scrolling which is causing my issues.

Then tried to insert this -

<autogen>__KeyToKey__ KeyCode::VK_MOUSEKEY_SCROLL_LEFT, KeyCode::VK_MOUSEKEY_BUTTON_MIDDLE</autogen>
    <autogen>__KeyToKey__ KeyCode::VK_MOUSEKEY_SCROLL_RIGHT, KeyCode::VK_MOUSEKEY_BUTTON_MIDDLE</autogen>

into the configuration file and activating it through the interface to replace the mapping for mousewheel events up/down with a single middle button click but it does not have an effect (also tried with mousewheel left/right and replacing it with a regular keystroke).
    Anybody know what the issue might be?