How to disable "Slide to answer phone"?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fobmysterio, Apr 26, 2008.

1. fobmysterio macrumors newbie

right now whenever someone calls me and my phones locked up, a slide shows up and i need to slide it to answer the phone... i talked to my cousin about it and she said she only see Answer and Reject button while people are calling...

so how do I disable the slide to answer phone without disabling auto lock? thanks in advance!

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

3. fobmysterio thread starter macrumors newbie

hm.. i guess i'll ask her when i see her today

4. fobmysterio thread starter macrumors newbie

5. leodavinci0 macrumors 6502

not old firmware

During a call the option to accept or reject a call is part of the newest firmware. There is no way to disable the slide to answer option. You will always need to slide to unlock the phone after locking it, unless you double click the home button to control music, that is if you're playing music.

6. jdavtz macrumors 6502a

You get the Answer/Reject options if the phone is already unlocked (not as in SIM-unlocked, obviously).

If the phone's locked, you'll need to slide to answer (or press the top button once to silence the ringing and leave it to eventually go to answerphone, or press the top button twice to cut the caller directly to answerphone).

7. fobmysterio thread starter macrumors newbie

so all the firmware out there is suppose to have Slide to Answer?

8. southerndoc macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

Yes. If you want to reject the call while the phone is locked, push the on/off button twice (once silences it, twice routes it to voicemail).

9. zmit macrumors regular

i guess none of them answered his question....

so basically the only way to avoid the 'slide to answer' is to make sure it doesnt lock itself..... which is... uh... impractical
    and therefore you can not disable the slide to answer without disabling autolock

anyone correct me?

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Cant disable slide to answer.
    If the phone is on lock mode theres no other way to answer a call.
    If the phone is awake you can press the answer or reject button.

11. DannyGee macrumors newbie

So, similar problem. I can't answer my iPhone 5 while outdoors in the bright sunshine. Just happened this morning. I could not see the screen to slide to answer! Very in convenient. There needs to be an option to touch a button.

12. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Well to give you an alternative Danny, you can use PhoneEnhancer by Vertex to force it to always go to buttons. It does a lot of other stuff but you don't have to set it.

OP's friend (I know, it's from 2008) is probably just on her phone often so when she gets a call it is already open, and as discussed, will show the buttons.