How to Disable Unused Drivers (Expert)

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by jackraulg, Jul 21, 2014.

1. jackraulg macrumors newbie

Hi there.
    First of all, sorry about my crappy english.

My macbook pro fell in the river.
    I've immediately cleaned it up with specific products and everything seems to work fine, except the LCD (of course), battery and keyboard.

I live in Brazil and here it is too expansive to buy replacement parts. So I decided to use the macbook as a Desktop by connecting an external keyboard and monitor.

I removed the lid, because she has no use and I need it open to use the trackpad.

The system is stable, but a little laggy. And after a lot of research, I think that whats making it laggy is that the Mavericks is trying to use some hardwares that are no more available, like webcam, airport, battery, keyboard and other things that could be inside the lid.

So I'm trying to discover which drivers from the Extension folder can I "delete" or disable.

If anyone could help me. Everything that has something to do with:
    - Battery
    - LCD
    - Airport
    - Webcam
    - Keyboard

And other thing is that the KERNEL_TASK is eating up a lot of memory.....like about 500 to 700 mb. I've already tryed some things other people said about that issue, but no luck.

I already bought another macbook pro, but the old one I would like to use for my children.

Many thanks in advance!!!

2. jackraulg thread starter macrumors newbie

forgot to say
    its a

MacBook Pro 13 late 2011 Core i5 2.3 GHz