Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joematzzie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2018
Los Angeles
I'm having a problem whereby one of my folders, in the finder, has fixed names instead of column names that you can click on to sort: fixed.png

All other folders in finder are viewed with a manual metadata bar, whereby I can click a column name to sort it.
open

This problem arises when I use the keyboard shortcuts to sort, such as ctrl cmd 1 to sort by name and ctrl cmd 5 to sort by date modified. There doesn't seem to be any way to return this folder to "manual sort bar" state.

I'm using OS 10.8.5

Please help.

Joe

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
That's showing Cover Flow View. Can't test it until I get home, but I don't think what you want is an option in this View.

joematzzie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2018
Los Angeles
Thank you.

It doesn't have to do with views such as cover flow. My problem has to do with "Arrange" parameter.

If files are sorted by any arrangement, either by manually using the drop down menu in the upper finder bar or by using the command control shortcuts (cmd ctrl 1 sorts by name, cmd ctrl 5 sorts by date modified) then the ability to just click on the column names to sort goes away.

However if Arrange is set to none (manually in the drop down or with cmd ctrl 0) then the column titles are made available to click manually.

So I think I resolved this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.