how to display only onboard music on iPhoneSE

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by DrDaddio, Oct 31, 2016.

1. DrDaddio macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I recently got an iPhoneSE. The OS is 10.0.02(14A456). The model number is MLMF2LL/A.
    The "Music" app shows every song that has ever been purchased through my iTunes account with a little cloud next to it. I understand that the cloud means the song is in the cloud and not on my phone.

I do not want to show those songs, because 95% of them are my lovely daughter's and I don't listen to them. Plus, I don't want to stream music from the web; I want to play only songs on the phone. I cannot figure out how to turn off the display of those songs and only display the songs that are loaded onto the phone.

So, the question is:
    How do I get the songs in the cloud to NOT show up in the "Music" app on an iPhone SE with the aforementioned OS? I have tried going to Settings>iTunes & App Store and disabling Music from Automatic Downloads. I also tried going to Settings>Music and disabling Show Apple Music.

Thank you.
    DrDaddio

2. SarZ macrumors regular

SarZ

If you've got iTunes match then go to settings - music and turn off icloud music library

3. TPadden macrumors 6502a

On the phone, select music, select library, then downloaded music: that will show only music on the phone.