How to display signal strength as a number

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 7thson, Feb 13, 2014.

1. 7thson, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014

7thson macrumors 6502a

7thson

I came across this on Yahoo Tech. Dial *3001#12345#* and press call. This will direct you to field test, where it will now be displayed as a number. To make it permanent, restart by holding the sleep and home button until it turns off. You can switch back and forth by touching the signal.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/how-to-display-your-iphones-signal-strength-in-numbers-76257989351.html

Edit: I did this on my 4s and the number seems to be the default. Even if I leave it on the dots, I notice that it has changed back to the number and is unresponsive to changing without resetting the device. I don't know why it's doing this. The process can be reversed by going through the input process and leave it on the graphic for the signal (the dots) in the field test, then exit the field test.

2. Jstuts5797 macrumors 6502a

Super cool! Thanks for sharing! Does any one know what the other various data supplied on the field test means? I'd be curious to know.