Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

backinblack875

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
USA
T-mobile's pricing on plans and upgrade programs looks very enticing. They're the only carrier i haven't tried yet so i want to test them out before i commit to their program(s). I know there is typically a cancellation window (7-30 days) but would rather not deal with all that and possible fees that may include.

Is that the only option??

Im currently on an open contract with Verizon iPhone 5S, so i couldn't use T-mobile's prepaid to try it out could i?

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Just sign up and if you don't like it, you get all your money back. Quite simple really....

When your local T-Monile has the iPhone you want in stock, and you're done waiting in line, it shouldn't take you more than about 45 mins to take care of everything and walk out the door.

backinblack875

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
USA
Just sign up and if you don't like it, you get all your money back. Quite simple really....

Ill probably have to, but i did that with sprint and i had to pay certain fees so i still ended up losing money. Maybe T-mobile gives it all back.

Plus I'm going to do an upgrade program through apple or a carrier so I'm not sure how that works with cancellation

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Ill probably have to, but i did that with sprint and i had to pay certain fees so i still ended up losing money. Maybe T-mobile gives it all back.

Plus I'm going to do an upgrade program through apple or a carrier so I'm not sure how that works with cancellation

John Legere said that with his iron-clad no gimmicks guarantee, you can return it within the first 30 days and you'll get every single penny back. You can just turn the phone in, or pay it off if you want and they will unlock it for you to take to another carrier. If it's after 30 days, they will refund you one month's worth of service and take the phone back or let you pay it off.

backinblack875

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
USA
John Legere said that with his iron-clad no gimmicks guarantee, you can return it within the first 30 days and you'll get every single penny back. You can just turn the phone in, or pay it off if you want and they will unlock it for you to take to another carrier. If it's after 30 days, they will refund you one month's worth of service and take the phone back or let you pay it off.

Ok cool, good to know. Ill have to call regardless but until then was curious, thanks!

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
T-mobile's pricing on plans and upgrade programs looks very enticing. They're the only carrier i haven't tried yet so i want to test them out before i commit to their program(s). I know there is typically a cancellation window (7-30 days) but would rather not deal with all that and possible fees that may include.

Is that the only option??

Im currently on an open contract with Verizon iPhone 5S, so i couldn't use T-mobile's prepaid to try it out could i?
i believe the 5S might be unlocked so you might be able to put a Tmobile prepaid sim in..get the $30 one from Walmart includes 100 minutes and unlimited text and data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.