Carrier How to do a "test run" on T-mobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by backinblack875, Sep 25, 2015.

1. backinblack875 macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

T-mobile's pricing on plans and upgrade programs looks very enticing. They're the only carrier i haven't tried yet so i want to test them out before i commit to their program(s). I know there is typically a cancellation window (7-30 days) but would rather not deal with all that and possible fees that may include.

Is that the only option??

Im currently on an open contract with Verizon iPhone 5S, so i couldn't use T-mobile's prepaid to try it out could i?

2. backinblack875 thread starter macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

3. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Just sign up and if you don't like it, you get all your money back. Quite simple really....

When your local T-Monile has the iPhone you want in stock, and you're done waiting in line, it shouldn't take you more than about 45 mins to take care of everything and walk out the door.

4. backinblack875 thread starter macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

Ill probably have to, but i did that with sprint and i had to pay certain fees so i still ended up losing money. Maybe T-mobile gives it all back.

Plus I'm going to do an upgrade program through apple or a carrier so I'm not sure how that works with cancellation

5. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

John Legere said that with his iron-clad no gimmicks guarantee, you can return it within the first 30 days and you'll get every single penny back. You can just turn the phone in, or pay it off if you want and they will unlock it for you to take to another carrier. If it's after 30 days, they will refund you one month's worth of service and take the phone back or let you pay it off.

6. backinblack875 thread starter macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

Ok cool, good to know. Ill have to call regardless but until then was curious, thanks!

7. bgro macrumors 6502a

i believe the 5S might be unlocked so you might be able to put a Tmobile prepaid sim in..get the $30 one from Walmart includes 100 minutes and unlimited text and data.