How to do a video presentation on MBP to a TV?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SamTheMan65, Aug 24, 2013.

1. SamTheMan65 macrumors newbie

I have a 17" MBP 10.7.5. I'd like to be able to do a video presentation with my MBP attached to a large LCD TV. I've hooked it up and make the adjustments so the video and sound works, no problem. I don't want to people who are watching the presentation to see me looking through folders and files so I didn't mirror the screen. I was dragging the Quicktime Player from my MBP to the second Desktop that is now the LCD TV. This obviously isn't the most efficient way to accomplish what I'm trying to do. Is there a way I can somehow click play on a videoclip on the desktop of my MBP and then it will play full screen on the TV without having to drag it over? Thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

Ever thought about using a playlist? VLC offers that, though you might need a version before version 2, since the playlist editor is now somehow within the same window as the playback window.

3. iphonehype macrumors 6502

Its a long shot but do you have an iPad and and Apple TV?

You can do it like this, not only easier and more professional but they will not see you navigating through the iPad, and you use AirPlay to play the video!