how to do certain parts of a theme?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jongo1, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Jongo1 macrumors regular

I have prestige hd I like the icons and all, but i dont like the text message layout is there away to go into ifile and delete that? or a cydia tweak? or just a way to leave the icons and not have the rest of the theme

2. JBryan84 macrumors regular

Inside of iFile you need to go to Var/Stash/Themes, find your theme that you want to edit and click it. The icons will usually be located in the Bundles folder, so you should be safe to delete everything else but I would double check the other folders to make sure there aren't any other parts of the theme you may like before you delete them. Sometimes there are thousands of images located in other folders like UIImages and that could be very tedious work going thru each one individually. Like I said the icons for the apps are stored in the Bundles folder. Delete everything else, respring, make sure icons are applied, then go back into iFile and delete the trash to free memory. Hope this helps.

Edit: I forgot to mention that inside of certain subfolders inside of Bundles are not only the icon but also any other themed part of that specific app. So if you don't like the messaging theme, you would have to go into the messages and uichat and any other messaging folders and delete everything but the Icon itself. Then respring and you should be good to go. Whew lol. That's probably why no one responded to your question, kind of a pain to try and explain. Maybe because I'm tired and have to be up for work in 4 hours. Goodnight, hopefully it makes sense.