how to do i get my iPhone 4 replaced?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ineel, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ineel macrumors regular

i originally bought this iphone in late july 2010. anyways for the last 4-5 months i've been noticing that the phone won't register clicking the home button sometimes. this happens at random times throughout the day and i can't predict when it happens. I took it into the apple store and the genius said he couldn't do anything about it because i couldn't reproduce the problem. This is really annoying because i have to click the home button up to 20 times before it starts functioning normally again. I don't know what to do and my warranty expires in 1 month.

2. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I recently had mine replaced for a home button issue.

You need to very carefully and methodically try pressing every spot on the home button to see if there is one place that will consistently result in the button not registering the click. If you can do that then you can take it to Apple and show them where you are clicking and how it is not working.

3. Trius macrumors 6502a

Trius

best customer service ever

I just went into the Apple store today and had my phone replaced for a faulty home button. I was 9 days out of my warranty and I still got a free replacement :apple:

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

I'm having the same issue. looks like I might have to unjailbreak my phone and live in the non jailbreak word for a while. :( not to mention loosing all my shsh blobs.really is annoying though.

5. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Last month my 1 week old brand new iPhone 4 home button was pressed when I woke up, and the button got stuck and I heard a crack noise.

Bad day.

6. alfmil, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016

alfmil macrumors regular

I took my iPhone 4 from last August in because of the home button. They replaced it no problem.

7. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just go in again and explain it to another genius - they usually won't have any problem replacing it. You may have just gotten a genius on a bad day.