How to do this in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by G.T., Jul 11, 2009.

1. G.T. macrumors 6502a

I loved the feature in the Beta for Safari 4 where u could drag a new window into a tab onto another, is there anyway to do that now?

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I believe you have to have the tab bar displayed to do this.

cmd+shift+t toggles the display of the tab bar. You will then have a tab for the window which you can drag out to the tab bar of the other window.

If you wanted just to merge all your windows into one there is an option in "Window - Merge all Windows"

3. iAlexG macrumors 6502

iAlexG

4. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

This isn't really a new feature. You could do this in Safari 3. You have to have the tab bar always visible because you need to drag the actual tab to the other window to do this action.

5. G.T. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know that, but thats not exactly what I mean. In the Safari 4 beta there was a 3 stripped hatching on the top corner of a window that allowed u to drag it to another and it became a tab, this was without having any tabs on that window. I know now u can merge all windows but I don't always want to do that. It was also good in Safari 4 beta that the + button for new tab was always there, I found it nicer than always doing cmd t. Its funny cause at first I hated the beta look but started to really like those feature, I'm glad they made safari look normal again but they could have kept those features without changing the look.

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

not really, sfari 4 beta's UI design dictated that you always have tabbar displayed. which is a part of title bar anyway.

7. G.T. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, ok I kinda forgot that but still it didn't require u to create a tab to move a window into another.