How to do 'To Do?'

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by maestrocasa, Feb 23, 2009.

1. maestrocasa macrumors regular

I did a quick forum search for this topic but couldn't find what I needed. So here's the issue:

I was just gifted an iPod Touch 8GB. I'm loving it! Got it set up and everything is working great, except for "to do" items. I have created a list of to do items in Mail (on my mac), but they aren't syncing to the iPod. My iPod mail app shows a mailbox for 'to do' items, but none are in there.

I'm sure this is a pretty simple fix of just turning on a sync option somewhere, but I've looked through Mail, Sync, Me, and iPod settings and haven't found it.

How do I get my apple mail to do items to sync to my iPod?

thanks!

2. west.acre macrumors member

I highly recommend rememberthemilk.com. Get a pro account and then use their app, with seamless two-way syncing.

3. maestrocasa thread starter macrumors regular

So, does that mean that the to do's won't sync any other way? I'll take a look at the app, but I'd like to sync it natively if possible.

Any other suggestions out there??
    Thanks!

4. dkirlew macrumors member

From what I know I do not think there any native way to sync todo from Mail to the ipod. Apple doesn't seem to have that functionality on the ipod so a third part app is needed.

5. maestrocasa thread starter macrumors regular

fair enough. but in my iPod 'mail' app, there is a mailbox for 'apple mail to do.' It's empty. how can I get something in there? it seems like it wants to do "To Do." Is there an address I can send my todos to and it will show up there?

6. west.acre macrumors member

I've never tried to do with mail, I've always used Remember the milk seamlesssly.

2-way sync means that whether you change your to do items on their website, or whether you change them offline on your ipod touch, the list will always make the necessary changes to both lists. Thereby, if you complete a task, it will show up completed on both tasks.

Also, remember the milk has many useful functions like integrating into ical, google calendar. You can also msg RTM on twitter and, after setting it up, that "bot" will add a task for you. Also...if you use "quicksilver" you can very very easily add tasks using quicksilver with RTM.

Couldn't recommend it more.