iPhone how to downgrade from ios 8 to ios 7

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Mhrjimmy, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Mhrjimmy macrumors newbie

i have turn my iphone to DFU mode and download IPSW ios 7.1.1(from website) but after exacting the IPSW, itunes SAYS"the firmware is corrupted".

And now, when i again turn my iphone to DFU mode and download the IPSW from itunes itself. it starts downloading IOS 7.1.2, but the website's say that you need IOS 7.1.1 for it to work, So will the second process work after the IPSW is downloaded. PLEASE help

I'm usin IOS 8 beta 4

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

download 7.1.2 firmware directly from Apple's dev center.

3. Mhrjimmy thread starter macrumors newbie

i am downloading the IOS 7.1.2 from itunes after putting my iphone to DFU mode

the question is WILL this works
    please reply

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I dont understand the problem you are having. I have upgraded to iOs 8 and back to 7.1.2 many times. Are you sure you are entering DFU mode correctly?

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Put the phone in recovery mode and let iTunes on its own download and install the latest official public release for it (at this point it would be 7.1.2). That's basically it.

6. matthew2926 macrumors 6502

When whatever article you are referencing was written, 7.1.1 must have been the latest official firmware. Since then, 7.1.2 has been released. iTunes is correct by downloading 7.1.2 as that is what you should be installing at this point in time. In all honesty, have you ever used iTunes or an iDevice before? Also, did you accidentally install iOS 8 or was it intentional?