How to downgrade from iOS4 to 3.1.3 (easy)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stormchaser, Jun 28, 2010.

1. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

Yesterday i phoned Apple and asked them how i can downgrade from OS4 to 3.1.3 and was told that this cannot be done once you have upgraded to it.So i tried a restore back to factory settings-no that didn,t work.Then tried Erase on phone-no that didn,t work.It still had OS4 inside.
    I really needed to change it back due to stuttery movement and seriously slow functions with some being impossible.Forgot to mention mine is an 8GB 3G.
    I typed into Google and found so many websites on how to do this but found one very easy way,so here is the link for you all wanting to downgrade again.

http://findtut.com/easy-steps-to-downgrade-from-ios-4-to-ios-3-1-3-536547

Follow this as it is written and its 100% success.My phone is now back to normal with 3.1.3 and all is well.So far i have had no problems with it.This was an easy downgrade and 100% safe.Hope this helps some of you with a 3G thats got this OS4 problem.

2. stormchaser thread starter macrumors 6502

stormchaser

3. blahi macrumors newbie

I got better way, only download OS 3.1.3 and in iTunes click on restore while you hold shift(in windows) and find downloaded OS 3.1.3 then wait on iTunes error when software is downloaded to your iPhone. Than shut down iTunes, download blackra1n. Start blackra1n and just click on Make it rain and iPhone will be on 3.1.3, it works i tried it !!

4. stormchaser thread starter macrumors 6502

stormchaser

5. mikalh78 macrumors regular

so i did that, but i need blackra1n and cydia. but i tried to use blackra1n but no icon appeared on my phone? i need to unlock my phone to work on an unofficial carrier

6. ericfickes macrumors newbie

On OSX, hold down ALT when clicking Restore. Works like a champ!