How to downgrade from Leopard to Tiger?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JD76, Jan 28, 2008.

1. JD76 macrumors member

I recently just purchased a macbook pro and I am really unhappy with some of the changes that were made in Leopard. Mainly - the new iCal with no drawer and the preview audio player that doesnt allow u to skip thru the file. Im in music production and these 2 things are vital to me. They really hamper my workflow. Whats the best way to downgrade? Do I have to delete all my data and start fresh?

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Back up all your data, pop the disks in, and install. Enjoy the upgrade!

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

did your MacBook Pro come with Tiger preinstalled and you upgraded to Leopard using the drop in upgrade disc? just back up your data and erase and install Tiger.

if your MacBook Pro came with Leopard preinstalled you may not be able to downgrade to Tiger as you need the Tiger install discs specific to your machine. also the retail Tiger install discs are only power pc. im not 100% sure on this though.

4. JD76 thread starter macrumors member

Yup.. thats my situation. My macbook came with Leopard preinstalled. My friend just purchased Tiger off craigslist. Let me see if I can install that. I just hate the thought of having to re-install all my apps.

5. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Purchased disks won't work unless they're MBP restore disks from an MBP that shipped with Tiger. Even then, they might not work unless they're from an MBP of the same revision as yours that shipped with Tiger. Your best bet's to contact Apple directly for disks to enable you to install Tiger to your specific MBP revision.

6. JD76 thread starter macrumors member

Apple says I can just archive and install on top of Leopard.

Will that cause any issues on my Macbook Pro. I dont wanna hurt my new system and I wanna utilize dual core/ram as much as possible.