How to downgrade iPhone software to enable tethering via developer profile

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rivkid, Apr 4, 2010.

1. rivkid macrumors newbie

Hi. I have an iPhone 3GS running 3.1.3. I want to install a developer profile to enable tethering (AT&T) without jailbreaking. How can I do this? I tried installing the developer profile (while running 3.1.3) and it installed, but it didn't work. Is there a hardware restriction as well?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You wont be able to downgrade your firmware unless you have your SHSH's saved either locally or on Cydia.
    And since you were not JB before you probably dont have either so I dont think its going to happen.

3. rivkid thread starter macrumors newbie

But what about the thing where you can press Shift and restore, and use a downloaded version of 3.1.2?

4. Makaveli6103 macrumors 6502

That wont work if you dont have your SHSH on file with cydia. When you press Shift and restore you can click on a 3.1.2 software but ituens talks to apple HQ and will not authorize it. when you have your SHSH on file you trick itunes into allowing 3.1.2 by itunes talking to another server.

5. rivkid thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, thanks. I never jailbreaked, so I don't have any cydia stuff. is there any way i can still unlock tethering from 3.1.3 on a 3GS without jailbreaking?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Give it a try and see what happens.
    You will get this: "iPhone cannot be restored. This device isnt eligble for the requested build"

Attached Files:

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No

8. The General macrumors 601

hey, yeah, you're right. all of these developers and hackers just hadn't thought of that yet. :rolleyes:

no. you cant do it.