how to downgrade to leopard???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ikmisje, Aug 31, 2009.

1. ikmisje macrumors member

the software launch2net which enables internet connetion via a usb modom is not yet compaplible with snow leopard. so its more pratical for me to use internet...
    just now i did an archive and install, my question is that, all my aplication and things downloaded will remain in my mac right?

2. BENI macrumors regular

BENI

yeah that's right - that's why it's called archive and install. it sticks all your stuff in a tepmperary directory - installs the system stuff and then puts your stuff back on top (well it is a little more complicated than that - but that pretty much covers it). bare in mind that you may not keep your system changes - your dock for instance will be reset I think.

pardon me for asking, but if you have done it, as you said, then it won't make any difference what it does cos you've done it. the best way to find out is to turn on your computer.

just to reassure you I did an archive and install (just leopard) and it worked perfectly.

My SL hasn't arrived yet so I haven't tried yet.

the other thing you might try is to get hold of the latest driver for your modem, or at least check if there is a SL driver ready or on it's way.

good luck

3. fishmoose macrumors 68000

If you do an archive and install, it will save your applications and files.

To downgrade, just use the Leopard dvd you got when you bought your mac.