How to downgrade to Snow Leopard ( I'm a Newbie)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mr.Uav, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Mr.Uav macrumors newbie

I'm new to Macs and i just got my Macbook Pro 13" about a week ago and it came with Lion installed but for some reason Lion is a battery drainer and a heat sinker. I need some help downgrading to Snow leopard, any suggestions?

2. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

If its a late 2011 MBP then due to driver issues it will be impossible.

3. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Welcome to Mac and enjoy your MBP. I have to ask though, if you are truly new to Macs and this is your first, how would you know that Lion is worse on battery life than SL???? I say just use it and be happy. My wife has an early 2011 13 i5 and no difference was noted between SL and Lion (hers came with SL as it was released prior to Lion). She is a newbie as well and didn't notice a bit of difference when I installed Lion on hers. I have an early 2011 15 2.3 I7 and have noticed no difference as well (and I upgraded the first day Lion was released). I would make sure you don't have a process running in the background that is eating cycles.

4. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Not quite. On the 13" there were no significant hardware changes, as such Snow Leopard will run. The problem is getting install DVD that will work. If you had a 10.6.8 image, you would be gold.

5. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

You can download a install DVD from the web.
    I would stick with Lion with a new Notebook. Battery life really sucks on the old ones like 2010 and older but the new ones aren't so bad.
    I am guessing some of the GUI changes work well with new modified drivers for Intel HD 3000 and the rest but they suck power at all the old machines.

6. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Not one that will allow you to install.

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

how do you know SL is better if your new to Macs, and only using Lion for a week

8. Mr.Uav thread starter macrumors newbie

I've done some research online and i found that everyone was complaining about Lion and they said snow leopard was a better OS then Lion.

9. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I fixed your quote to be more correct. Like I stated in another thread, generally people that complain are those that have issues. People that are happy and content don't generally make posts or tell anyone. Since Millions of copies have been sold and it is the most popular OS Apple has released to date, unless you can find better than 70-80 percent of the people complain and agree, I would say the research results will be skewed. If you can find millions (heck even hundreds of thousands) of individual complaints, I will agree with you.

You can't please everyone and if I were you, I would stop doing your research and just use it, otherwise you may just skew your opinion before you have a chance to form it.

You will be starting from square one and using the latest software and hardware, so your experience should be good. Those have issues generally are upset at a feature change or removal and that their legacy software is no longer supported. This shouldn't be the issue with you as you are starting fresh with no need for an older software.

10. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

bingo, works fine for me and battery life kick my old dells butt(thats all i have to compare it to)

11. Takashi macrumors regular

No kidding. The OP got a new computer and you (OP) are complaining? Perhaps you (OP) should have just returned your mac and not buy it in the first place if you truly believe that your(OP) so called "research" is accurate.