how to : downgrade your ipad 2 gsm/cmda now using your blobs

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Hongkongfu, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Hongkongfu macrumors member

2. bwthor macrumors member

So what has changed? Was under the impression that once you went to 5.x.x your baseband was updated, and couldn't go back. Is this a hacked restore file that works with the updated baseband? Has TinyUmbrella updated to restore the BB?

3. Hongkongfu thread starter macrumors member

This file will keep the bb ..

But it Works i Try it myself

4. bwthor macrumors member

Figured I'd try this. I used a restore file I downloaded, rather than yours, fixed it up using the new tool and restored. Now, I'm back on 4.3.3, but it won't activate. iTunes says something like "We're sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time. Please try again later, or contact customer care."

Will dig some more...

5. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

This firmware was created using TinyCFW from notcom. He tweeted earlier that CDMA iPad2 models will NOT be able to use the custom firmwares it creates to restore because the CDMA carriers check the firmware version number before activating and refuse to activate old firmwares.

It will work for GSM 3G iPad2 models only for the time being. I've confirmed it works for GSM models myself.

6. bwthor macrumors member

Yeah, saw that too after I tried a few things. Hopefully TinyCFW will someday allow CDMA iPad 2's a restore path.

7. ercsliberty macrumors 6502

download link doesnt work, can anyone upload it? thanks

8. Tander macrumors 6502a

Tander

I have an iPad 2 16Gb Wifi/3G GSM model. I got the iPad with iOS 4.3.5 (Which cannot be Jailbroken on iPad 2) is there a way for me to go to 4.3.3 still or is it impossible?