How to Download a Magazine for Offline Reading in Apple News+

Discussion in 'Guides, How Tos and Reviews' started by MacRumors, Apr 9, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple News+ includes a feature that lets you download your favorite magazines for offline reading so you can check them out even when you don't have a WiFi or cellular connection, such as while on a flight.

Here's how to do it:
    1. Open up Apple News+ on iPhone or iPad.
    2. Choose a magazine, either from your My Magazines list, the search feature in Apple News, or the browse feature in the Apple News+ section.
    3. Tap on the download icon underneath the magazine's title. It looks like a little cloud with an arrow through it.
      [​IMG]
    4. Tapping on the download icon will make the magazine available to read offline.
    You can use the browse feature or the My Magazines feature to add current issues for offline reading, but make sure to use the search feature or tap a magazine's name when reading it to go to the main overview that will let you download past magazine issues.

For more on Apple News+, make sure to check out our dedicated Apple News+ guide. Apple News users can follow MacRumors on Apple News using this link.

Article Link: How to Download a Magazine for Offline Reading in Apple News+

2. blairh macrumors 68040

blairh

Heads up, you cannot delete an issue once it’s downloaded. And manually downloaded issues don’t delete unless you run out of storage space.

3. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

That is bad.. You sure?
    --- Post Merged, Apr 9, 2019 ---
    I wonder if one now can download news articles as well. It would be nice to be able to download news articles prior to departing on a flight somewhere so one has something to read on a flight. Although what one downloaded one should be able to delete those news articles once they are done reading them upon landing rather then being stuck with them using up storage space on iPhone or ipad

4. Pagemakers macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

It’s beyond me that Apple News (not +) doesn’t work offline anyway.

I fly weekly and every time I open the News app I can’t read anything of the stories. It’s madness. I would have thought that many people would want to read the news in places where there’s no internet. Trains, Planes, Tubes etc etc.

It could poll the web each morning and download your stories ready for you to read them whenever you want.

5. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

Yeah, for those who fly often it is madness not to be able to download for later viewing. Imagine only having option to listen to music or watch movie/video via streaming :rolleyes:o_O

6. bclarkj macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Apr 14, 2019 ---
    Was just on a flight with my iPad in Airplane mode. Was not able to view any of my downloaded magazines. Sigh.

7. Pagemakers macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

It should do this automatically
    --- Post Merged, Apr 15, 2019 ---
    Or automatically as on option.