How to download apple.com videos

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Stirfry2112, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Stirfry2112 macrumors newbie

Anyone know where or how I can download a HD version of the new iPad videos from Apple? I want to watch them on my HD TV via PS3. I use to be able to right click while it was playing and save as a quicktime file or even do a "command-option-A" and download it in the activity monitor, but now it seems apple doesn't want to share their promotions anymore. Do know what gives, any thoughts?

Thanks!

2. Alrescha, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011

Alrescha macrumors 68020

3. vblake macrumors newbie

Using Safari 6

Hi,

I know this post is kind of old, I just want to share the simple solution.

Using Safari 6 or later, go to the Apple site and click on the video that you want to download. While buffering, you will see the playback controls of the video clip. Click on the icon that looks like a television and says "Video Size". Right click on the video size(small, medium, large) that you want to download and click "Download Linked File".

Enjoy!

4. pdjudd macrumors 601

Not a universal solution and in fact many of Apple's videos that they stream do not have that option at all. In many cases, all you get is a stub and not a full offline video.

5. Lord Hamsa macrumors 6502a

Why, in this day and age, does Apple not have their own YouTube channel to feature their own ads is beyond me...

6. blanka macrumors 68000

If it runs on Flash, just get it from the temp-file directory. It has a gibberish name, but just rename it xxx.mp4 and you're set.
    It is very handy to have this folder in your side-bar. I daily copy files from it.

7. ikingtrust macrumors newbie

This worked thanks