Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
Hello

The first time I installed the yosemite DP, I used my special code but it downloaded DP1, I had to then update to DP 2 and so on. I have a really slow internet connection so it took hours, the worst is I had to sit by the mac and then select the next update, I was wondering if there's a way to download DP6 directly.

Thank you guys

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
There are direct links to all the delta updates on apple's developer forums.

If you start from DP1 these have to all be installed in order DP1, DP2, DP3, DP4, DP5, DP6.

Apple have made life a bit easier by releasing a full installer for DP5 and then you just need the DP6 delta. But you will have to redeem another code for DP5 to do it this way.

There is no full installer for DP6.

There are also no combos till the first 10.10.2 beta is released which will be a fair way away.

I have argued for years that there should be combos available for developer previews too for precisely your type of situation, but to no avail unfortunately.

Also, I have also had internet issues in the past and just solved the problem by going to the apple retail store and using their wifi to get developer previews. They were happy to let me do that.

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
There are direct links to all the delta updates on apple's developer forums.

If you start from DP1 these have to all be installed in order DP1, DP2, DP3, DP4, DP5, DP6.

Apple have made life a bit easier by releasing a full installer for DP5 and then you just need the DP6 delta. But you will have to redeem another code for DP5 to do it this way.

There is no full installer for DP6.

There are also no combos till the first 10.10.2 beta is released which will be a fair way away.

I have argued for years that there should be combos available for developer previews too for precisely your type of situation, but to no avail unfortunately.

Also, I have also had internet issues in the past and just solved the problem by going to the apple retail store and using their wifi to get developer previews. They were happy to let me do that.

Thank you very much, you're awesome!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.