How to download Excel 2019

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by milleron, Feb 16, 2019.

1. milleron macrumors member

It's possible to purchase a valid academic license for Excel 2019 for Mac at newegg.com.
    But how does one download Excel 2019 in order to activate it with the license? The version on the App Store is 16.22 which I deduce is the latest version of Excel 2016.

2. imaccooper macrumors 6502

imaccooper

If you buy a stand alone license then you will get a 25 digit code to activate everything. If you are buying a 365 subscription then you will be able to sign in with the username and password you set up.

3. ssmed macrumors 6502

ssmed

Many tertiary academic institutions (at least in the UK) gift the use of MS software for home use using your academic login. Have you had a good look at your institutions site to see if this is possible.

4. mj_ macrumors 6502

mj_

16.22 = Office 2019
    16.17 = Office 2016

You are most likely going to receive a download code and link where you can download and activate the software. However, Microsoft might require proof of enrollment at a qualified institution (college or university) first. I know Adobe did that many years ago when I purchased CS4 Standard EDU.

5. milleron thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for that very helpful information!
    I presumed that documentation would be required by the seller rather than Microsoft. That's been my experience in the past, but I'll be ready to deal with Redmond, too.
    This answers my question.

6. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

Yes... Microsoft usually validates educational licenses through your educational institution. Often by requiring the use of your college campus’s email account to complete activation.

Other companies (and even Microsoft) on some software, will check to see if your college campus (and sometime more specifically) you and your degree program are enrolled through a specific licensing option.

And some software companies do essentially no validation at all.

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member