How to Download iTunes Trailers into iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by meagain, Aug 1, 2007.

1. meagain macrumors 68030

I can't figure this out. I click on the trailer but only see it on my computer. I can't figure out how to load it into 'movies' or 'podcasts' so I can sync it to the phone. Is it safe to say I need Quicktime Pro to be able to pull this off? I see no instructions for this anywhere.

2. The General macrumors 601

3. elistan macrumors 6502a

Here's my experience from a while back.

Go to the trailer on Apple's site.
    Select the iPod version.
    For me, it gets put into iTunes as a podcast.
    When I sync with my iPhone, the podcast is transferred to the phone.
    When I try to watch the podcast on the phone, I get audio only. The "video" is just a static picture.

I haven't messed with it much. Is it normal for an iPod formatted trailer on Apple's site to get loaded into iTunes as a podcast? Seems odd to me.

4. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

GOOD SHOW MY MAN! GOOD SHOW!

I literally laughed for 5-10 minutes on this! Just glad I wasnt drinking anything when I read this. HAHA

Kevin

5. wattage macrumors 6502

wattage

I read that to watch video podcast you must access them through the video button not the podcast section.

6. LimeyYankee macrumors newbie

You are correct :) Download iPod version, then go to videos, then to the podcasts and it will be there. Make sure that if you don't sync all of your podcasts over that the new trailer you downloaded is checked to sync with your phone under the Podcast tab when the phone is connected.

7. meagain thread starter macrumors 68030

Thank you! I have it working great now. But I'm feeling really stupid right now. Had a definite mental block on that one and oddly couldn't find any answers whilst searching.

God I love this iPhone.

8. infamous macrumors member