How to Download Music

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by warburg, Sep 7, 2008.

1. warburg macrumors 6502

This will seem like a very silly question to the experienced, but I have no idea how to get music I've downloaded into itunes into my iphone or where the music will be after it's in the iphone.

I've downloaded about 12 songs to my itunes music library and used most of them for ringtones, but you pay an extra .99 to do this and the songs are still in the itunes library, as well as in ringtones. How can they be transferred as songs into the phone, or can they be transferred?:confused:

2. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

Create a play list for the iPhone, then when you go to Music on the iPhone tabs (when connected), make sure that you put the checked mark on the new playlist that you created for the iPhone.

Then, when you sync, all that music will transfer into the iPhone.

You can NOT (at this point in time) Drag & Drop single songs on to the iPhone, has to be playlists.

3. RobLikesBrunch macrumors regular

If the songs you bought from iTunes are from iTunes Plus, you don't have to pay the extra 99 cents...there's a simple work around:

http://lifehacker.com/400690/make-an-iphone-ringtone-with-itunes-in-windows

4. warburg thread starter macrumors 6502

I had done this but the songs were not transferred to the iphone because I hadn't clicked on "Sync." Once I did this, all was well. Thanks much for your help.:)