How to Download Pics from online Kodak gallery?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mox123, Sep 18, 2007.

1. mox123 macrumors 6502

For some reason, I can't right-click on the pics in an album to save to a desktop folder using Firefox. Neither can i just click "add photo to iPhoto" using Safari, as somehow the kodak gallery only allows me to save every other pics. Does anyone experience the same problem? How do i download every pics in an album to my hard drive??

2. long4short macrumors newbie

A roundabout way

Eureka: :cool:I found a roundabout way to download the whole album from Kodak Gallery with the latest version of Easyshare 6.4. I did so on a Windows PC mind you. However it is the new "copy" function in "File", hence it should be the same for Mac.

I tried to post this on a PC hosting forum, however I wasn't going to pay $5 to post, so here you are. You just have to put up with PC jargon.

- Pick an album (Test with my own album in the gallery, but I guess you should be able to do same with others' with appropriate permissions) to display all slides in it.
    - Select all pictures (PC: cursor on 1 pict, CTL-A)
    - Drag all pictures to Picture Tray (You probably can repeat for multi albums as well)
    - Click on "File" then pick Copy on the pop-up menu, follow the prompts to put them where you like on your hard disk

.... Voila :cool:

3. Rosszell macrumors newbie

Copying a Kodak Gallery album to Kodak EasyShare

Long4short: I was glad to read your message, downloaded EasyShare (v. 7), and followed your directions, but for some reason I can't get the pictures to copy into the EasyShare Picture Tray.

As soon as I select the the 99 pictures in my album, EasyShare disappears from my screen, and although it reappears if I drag the pictures to the minimised icon at the bottom of my screen, once I release them in the Picture Tray area, nothing happens. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Also, I noticed a Gallery link on the left side of the EasyShare interface and thought that give me access to my on-line albums, but then I get a message stating that I must be signed into a valid Gallery account (when I already am!!). Maybe a regular, free account doesn't cut it.

Also, do you happen to know how to select a range of pictures while working in Kodak Gallery?

Thanks for your trouble,

Rory

4. cullepm3 macrumors newbie

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

You do realize this thread is almost four years old?

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Do you realize that Kodak Gallery will cease operations in just over a month?

B

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

Oops. I didn't realize Kodak was still in business. and I missed Kodak