How to download school powerpoints?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ipadbmh, Jan 24, 2012.

1. ipadbmh macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a minor problem with my ipad. All of my teachers post their slideshows online, but I can not figure out how to download them onto my Ipad. Is there an app I should be getting that will allow me to save these powerpoints to my Ipad? If so, is there one that I can use a stylus and take notes onto the slides? If this is something simple that has been addressed, could someone just send me the link please? I tried the search function with no luck.

Thank you.

2. connoisseur macrumors member

3. mantic macrumors 6502a

I need this ability too. My prof. does not upload the slides until 10 mins before the class starts... so i don't have time to load them on my laptop before and upload to dropbox for access in class. I'm growing quite tired of trying to make the ipad productive lol.. If things dont change im gonna be forced to go back to heavy, dead batteried, laptop...

4. Rhullman macrumors member

my school uses blackboard so I just use the blackboard app. You can use the browser to view the power point or use the option to save it to google docs or dropbox

5. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Usually when you have an app installed which can display PowerPoint files such as Keynote, GoodReader etc then when you click on the link to the PowerPoint in Safari an open in option will appear and you can choose which app to open it with.

[​IMG]

6. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

7. ipadbmh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the responses! I will see if I can make it work on any of them.

----------

So I can get them to open in my internet browser, but there is no place for me to select to "open in". Like in the picture above, that doesn't show up.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Do you have any apps on your iPad that can handle PowerPoint files, like GoodReader, keynote, etc?

9. alexreich macrumors 6502a

alexreich

Purchase Keynote.

Go to the source of the file (i.e. download link) then tap 'Open in Keynote'. The presentation will download to your iPad and will be available for use inside the Keynote application.

Keynote is $9.99 on the iOS App Store.

10. mantic macrumors 6502a

This method simply does not work in my situation (downloading from blackboard), and I have everyone app imaginable to open these files now.

11. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Have you tried tapping the link to the powerpoint and selecting open in new tab, That's what I had to do when I was at University using Blackboard and the open in options would appear on the page in the new tab.

12. mantic macrumors 6502a

Wow, thank you soo much--it worked!