how to download the ebooks from epub into iphone native application using UIWebview?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by balasaida, Oct 21, 2011.

1. balasaida macrumors newbie

I am developing a native application for downloading the eBooks from ePub. I am struggling to get the solution from last 4 days.

Question)How can we download the EBooks from ePub using UIWebView??

*For the EBooks from ePub the extension can be .ePub, .pdf, *.acsm

* * * *From the ePub if the url extension has .pdf (or) .ePub we can download those books using QLPreviewController and i can save it to iBooks, stanza. If the url has not any extension *we cannot download the content from the url.

If the url extension is .acsm(Adobe Content Server Manager), we cannot download the file using either QLPreviewController *(or) Safari.

* * Please post your valuable solutions . Thanks in advance

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Does the be Adobe Reader iOS app provide acsm support?

B

3. balasaida thread starter macrumors newbie

find the type of ebook (.acsm or .epub or .pdf) when download from the url

When i download the ebook from epub how can i know the type of the ebook (i mean either it is pdf or epub or .acsm file)?

I want to download the content from the url into my local system and then i want to open with the help of QLPreviewController. So, for that i should know the type of the ebook because i have to give the same extension, which i want to create local file for downloading the content. And then i can store that into iBooks or Stanza or BlueFire apps .

Please help me, thanks in advance.

4. balasaida thread starter macrumors newbie

How can i open the ebook from epub using QLPreviewController?

I want to download the ebook from epub using QLPreviewController in the iphone native application.

Can any one has code please post.

Thanks in advance.

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Mod note: I have merged your three questions, which are essentially all on the same topic, together. Please do not start new threads when you already have one perfectly good thread.