How to Download the iOS 9.3 Beta to Your iPhone or iPad

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 27, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ahead of new software releases for iOS devices, Apple provides early copies to both developers and public beta testers to work out bugs and refine features. Major updates often include exciting new additions that people are eager to try out right away, such as iOS 9.3's Night Shift Mode and all of its other new features.

If you want to get your hands on iOS 9.3 ahead of its prospective spring public launch date, there are two legitimate ways to do it: a developer license or a public beta invitation. We'll outline both ways to get iOS 9.3 below, plus we'll include some instructions on downgrading in case you run into bugs.

Both those who sign up for a developer license and those who test betas through Apple's public beta testing program should use caution when installing beta software. It's called a beta because it's unfinished, and there are often significant issues and problems that can prevent apps and features from working, especially in the early beta testing process.

iOS 9.3, though relatively stable, should not be installed on a main iOS device that's used on a daily basis. Testing should be done on an extra device that can be easily wiped should something go wrong.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: How to Download the iOS 9.3 Beta to Your iPhone or iPad

2. sp3k0psv3t macrumors regular

sp3k0psv3t

Done and done !!

3. Nuvi macrumors 6502a

There is actually the third way of getting the beta and that is the closed beta testing.

4. elmateo487 macrumors 6502a

Seriously. I did it once. And reverting back is a huge pain if you keep your device on the betas and keep updating to each new beta version.

5. sam.walker22 macrumors member

sam.walker22

So I've signed up to the beta program, but when I try download by pressing the 'download profile' button I get this error:

I've tried signing in again, leaving beta and signing back up, resetting network settings on phone, clearing safari data and doing a hard reset??

6. JAK2015 macrumors newbie

Unless you want to rely only on the Developer web Site for support, do not install beta software.
    Calling Apple for support will often be denied, referring you to the Developer site.

7. joueboy macrumors 65816

I know they always put that disclaimer to install the beta on a separate device not on your main device. I've been installing beta on my main device since even before it was offered to the public beta. Never encountered a serious bug that makes your device unusable. Some minor bug is just little bit annoying but other than that life goes on. Besides iOS 9 feels like beta anyway so I'm installing my beta tester profile when I get home. Some 9.3 features is really promising and hoping to get some good night sleep tonight. Well see how that NightShift really helps and I hope it does.

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Mine worked fine. I was part of the beta for Mac before hand. I just went to the iPhone side and choose to download the profile just now. It's currently downloading while I type this.

I thought betas had full support lmao ;)

9. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

I'm using 9.3 public beta 2. Once 9.3 GM is released, I'll uninstall the public beta cert and won't have to uninstall/reinstall anything else.

10. elmateo487 macrumors 6502a

That's what I did. For 9.2. But somehow the profile was removed from my settings and I couldn't unregister the device without a full wipe. My best wishes that that doesn't happen to you.

11. NickolasAckley macrumors newbie

NickolasAckley

--- Post Merged, Jan 27, 2016 ---
    I've been on the public betas for a while now. It's cool. EverythingApplePro YouTube channel showed me how. It's easy. Never had any problems with the betas.

12. OldSchoolMacGuy macrumors 601

OldSchoolMacGuy

If you aren't smart enough to figure out how to do it without this guide then you have no business running beta software.

Those that need a guide like this are the same people that complain when they have random bugs in a beta and can't understand why a BETA doesn't have the same stability or compatibility as a release version.

13. Klae17 macrumors 65816

Klae17

The guide is helpful. And I forgot about the public beta program so I'm glad they posted it. I am smart enough (but am not going to be snooty about it) to do it without the guide, but having the items out step by step on my mac made it a breeze.

14. flyingember macrumors member

That's not necessarily true

9.0 GM was followed by a slight update. It had the same version number but was a different build.

15. lironl macrumors newbie

16. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

Ad revenue generating article if ever I saw it!

17. Zimmy68 macrumors 68000

Zimmy68

First, what else would be expected?

But also... you called Apple Support about a beta issue?
    Wow. I wish I had your chutzpah.

18. lederermc macrumors 6502

lederermc

I hope Apple fixes the crap-feature that pauses the iTunes player when the camera is activated on iPhone6s.

19. kingston73 macrumors 6502a

kingston73

I'd like to know this also, right clicking does nothing at all for me on win 10. I was all set to update to the beta until this, I don't want to update and find out I can't restore.

20. jetsam macrumors 6502

On a PC, you'll have to do a manual archive, by saving a copy of the backup directory.
    On Vista or newer, go to "%APPDATA%\Apple Computer\MobileSync" and make a copy of the "Backup" directory. For safety (or perhaps out of paranoia ;)) I'd put the copy into a different directory.

If you need to restore, delete the existing Backup directory, and copy over your archived copy.

21. WigWag Workshop macrumors 6502

WigWag Workshop

I wonder if there will ever be Public Betas for the ATV4.

22. blake.ande macrumors newbie

blake.ande

I've heard iOS 9.3.2 version is going to release to the public within next couple of weeks.

23. Syed Osama Salahuddin

Can anybody tell me what is the difference in beta 9 and beta 9.3 ???

24. chrfr macrumors 604

This is a beta for iOS 9 and has nothing to do with the iOS 11 betas. It was released in January 2016.