How to Download W7 from online?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MBP-13''-SSD-i5, Jun 29, 2011.

1. MBP-13''-SSD-i5 macrumors newbie

I was just wondering how one would go about downloading a (legal/paid) version of windows 7 from online to be used with parallels or VMware. where and how would I save it to my HDD so that it is accessible?

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I'm pretty sure if you download it from the Windows Marketplace, or whatever it's called, you get the ISO.

3. MBP-13''-SSD-i5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Im actually downloading it from a school related source. I am not sure if it downloads as an ISO or not.

4. riptideMBP macrumors 6502

MSDN downloads have to be done in windows as they use a custom download manager. It does however download an ISO file

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You can also generally get the ISOs from official sources.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/downl...cial-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-links/

If you don't already have a Windows install, you can use one of these, install it in a VM and use that to download the copy from your school.

In many cases, if the school gives you a .EXE/.BOX file combo, you can use the appropriate ISO with the activation key you got from your school.

B