how to dress for a wedding

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by chriscorbin, May 4, 2007.

1. chriscorbin macrumors 6502

chriscorbin

i was driving past the local church and saw a wedding happening and the photographer was doing his job, but he was dressed in a "wife beater"(torn tank top) and old ratty jeans:eek: . i found i knew the people at the wedding and they said that he did his job well, but his choice in clothes ruined the mood. i was wondering how should one dress to photograph a wedding as a professional?:confused:
    one day i hope to photograph weddings and i want to avoid these mistakes.

Chris

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

A simple suit would be fine. There's no need to go overboard, it's just anything too casual will really stick out at such a formal occasion.

3. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I just attended a first class wedding last weekend. the photgrapher was wearing a black tuxedo without the jacket. He would have been kicked out had he shown up in a wife-beater. Using Canon equip. and very professional, only spoke when directing guests in photos. He even had two apprentices to be sure his bases were covered. (it was a huge reception.) Made mucho $$$, I'm sure... My uncle was crying over the bill more than about his daughter getting married off!:p ;)

4. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Clothes that fit the decor but let you move around in and if you kneel down wont show stains on knees.
    A pair of fitted khakis and a nice dress shirt in neutral color is what I like to see. Basically dress like one of the guests.

5. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

Bear in mind what day it is before you ask for advice on clothing.

Our wedding photographer wore a basic suit which looked fine, but he smelled something awful, so an important point is to wash (sounds basic, but he obviously forgot)

6. jlcharles macrumors 6502

I might have punched my photographer had he shown up in a wife beater to my wedding.

7. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I can't remember what the photographer wore at my wedding. My eyes were on the bride.