Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jctivo

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
So I need some help.

I'm 3 months from my 10th wedding anniversary and 75% of our wedding photos jpgs have a dot in the lower left corner of them. The photographer screwed up and never fixed them.

So I have tried iPhoto on the ipad and I can use the repair tool to remove the dots. It worked very easily with a swipe of my finger.

I don't have photoshop and the photos are very big (4mb) so trying to fix them on the laptop has always seemed to slow.

I tried uploading the photos from picasa to google plus and then downloading them to the ipad using pixite web albums app but the photos somewhere during the process lost their high res file size and are very small.

My question is:
So how can I get the photos on my ipad in high res format so I can edit them in high res format and then download them back to pc so I can print them off?

I'm concerned about linking/syncing photos to my ipad because I did that before and I had troubles. If someone can convince me that the right option and then I'll do it but I had lots of troubles trying to delete photos, etc.

Please help, trying to pull off the best 10 year wedding anniversary gift.

Thank you in advance,
jctivo

madgibbon

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2013
The quickest was is to connect your iPad to your PC and use iTunes. However I understand your concern with sync issues, I've been there too.

Another option would be the camera connection kit. I bought a cheap one with USB/Memory card reader and it great for getting images on to the iPad. However you wont be able to copy them back using this method (unless you jailbreak).

If you really don't want to sync via iTunes you are probably best using cloud storage as the previous poster suggested. 4 Mb is quite small these days, my DSLR camera produces 24 Mb JPEGs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.