How to edit movies not on camera roll?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by backbraker25, Aug 28, 2010.

1. backbraker25 macrumors member

Went out to the zoo today with my daughter and shot some great video on my iPhone 4, when I got home and synced my phone, iPhoto imported all the pictures and videos (which is fine), however I chose to delete everything off the camera roll.

I decided to import all the videos to iTunes and sync them to both my iPhone and iPad, but now I realize that I can't edit, select or send these clips to my friends and relatives since they are not in the camera roll.

So I guess my questions are:

1. Is there a way to edit movies shot on the iPhone not in the camera roll (as per title)?

2. If not, is there a way to put the movies back on the roll (without jailbreaking)?

BTW, I did a search on this and found nothing helpful.

Thanks guys for any help.

2. milerich macrumors regular

Did you back upnyour iphone after the zoo?

If so, just restore from backup and the videos will be back in the camera roll.

If not, then I don't know of any other ways.

Hope this helps!

3. backbraker25 thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately I did not, however that was a great idea!

Thanks.

4. shandyman Suspended

what about emailing the video back to your iphone and saving it from the email? works with photos.

5. backbraker25 thread starter macrumors member

Well, I'm not really concern about the pics given they can easily be accessed for mailling or editing.

My concern is the videos, I wanted the ability to edit the movies shot on the phone and emailed them on the go.

I can't believe that this option is not offered... very frustrating.

Thanks though!

6. shandyman Suspended

don't think you get what i was suggestion, i mean does emailing the video to an account on your iphone, then saving it work, thats why i was mentioning photos, as it does it with that, didn't know if it was the same for video to get them back in the camera roll. as when you save photos from emails, they go to the camera roll too. i don't have any videos to test it with myself so thought i would suggest.

7. backbraker25 thread starter macrumors member

You are absolutely right. I just woke up and didn't have all my senses about me when I read your post. I'm currently in the process of e-mailing one of the videos to myself to test your theory (which makes mucho sense) however, I think they are to large, we are looking on average 35mb per.

It's taken forever to send. I'll keep you posted.

Thnaks and sorry for the confusion.

8. shandyman Suspended

ahhh didn't account for size, so may not work, tho i know hotmail bumped up the size of emails that can be sent, can't for the life of me remember what the size was. hope it works!

9. backbraker25 thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunaly it didn't work, the files were too large to open on either my iPhone or my iPad. I guess my only option would be to trim them on my Mac and email them.

I'm so disappointed.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Edit them on your Mac and email them to yourself, then when you encounter relatives you can forward to them on the go.