How To Edit/Update Your Website From iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mikeinternet, Jul 5, 2007.

1. mikeinternet macrumors 6502a

mikeinternet

So I really want to figure out the best way to do this..

So far i have found the services at www.flexwindow.com, they let you do this by putting a little java script on your site and then updating through emails sent to them.

This works great for text updates, however the free membership is limited to 50k which rules out photos taken with the iphone.

Has anyone found a way to scale down photos before sending them?
    Or
    Does anyone know of another way to do this all together?

2. cheesy macrumors member

3. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Pretty neat. From what I understand it also strips all your EXIF data out as well. Grumble, grumble.
    Might have learned it from you, but given it knows "iphone" = "iPhone" by default, odds are it has a number of other popular Web 2.0 and industry movers and shakers in there too.
    I'm sure there are a number of people on the forum who would know how to code a solution like this from scratch, including myself. It's the pre-made, hosted solutions though that are not only the cheapest, but are often the least easy to find, yet the most likely to be quickly used on a regular basis.

~ CB

4. cheesy macrumors member

Facebook has something similar, but unfortunately theirs sucks and only lets you email from certain mobile phone email addresses, not from an arbitrary email address like flickr lets you. Lame.

5. mcjohn1989 macrumors newbie